Drinks can make or break any holiday dinner. Whether you’re in need of a pick-me-up or just want to impress your guests, a Christmas punch recipe should do the trick.
Wow the Crowd With a Delicious Christmas Punch Recipe
Christmas is just around the corner, which means people are gearing up for holiday get-togethers. Parties and dinners, though, are never complete without the perfect holiday drink (or two). Here are the best Christmas punch recipes to try out.
- 3 cups red wine
- 4 cloves
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 2 strips lemon peel
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- Pour the red wine into a large pan. Add the cloves, cinnamon stick, star anise, lemon peel, and sugar. Cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the pan from the heat. Allow to cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.
2. Jingle Juice
- 2 cups frozen cranberries
- 2 bottles red Moscato
- 1 bottle Prosecco
- 4 cups cran-apple juice
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 limes, sliced into rounds
- Wet the rims of the glasses with a lime wedge before dipping into the sugar.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a punch bowl. Stir well before serving.
If you want punch recipes for Christmas, this one is a true crowd-pleaser.
- 1 bottle Prosecco
- 1 cup vodka
- 2 cans (12 oz each) ginger beer
- 1/2 gallon apple cider
- 3 apples, sliced
- 2 oranges, sliced into triangles
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 6 cups ice
- Cinnamon sugar
- Wet the rims of glasses using an orange slice before dipping the glasses into cinnamon sugar.
- Place ice into a large punch bowl. Pour in Prosecco, vodka, apple cider, and ginger beer. Add apples, oranges, and cinnamon sticks. Stir well before serving.
- 4 eggs, separated into yolks and whites
- 1 vanilla pod, split and seeds scraped out
- 3 oz sugar syrup
- 3 oz double cream
- 17 oz whole milk
- 5 oz brandy
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar syrup, and vanilla seeds until pale. Add the milk, cream, and brandy and mix until combined. Strain the mixture into a punch bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Pour a third of the egg whites into the milk mixture and mix before folding the rest of the egg whites in until fluffy.
- Place the eggnog in the refrigerator to chill. Serve with ice.
- A bottle of Champagne or Prosecco
- 1 cup cranberries, fresh
- 1 cup green grapes
- 2 Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup sparkling grape juice
- Combine all the fruits in a large punch bowl. Add the Champagne/Prosecco or the sparkling grape juice.
- Stir well before serving.
6. Grinch Punch
- 1 packet Kool-Aid lemon lime mix
- 1 cup ginger ale
- 3 cups lemon-lime soda
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups vodka
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- Lime wedges
- Red sanding sugar
- 4 cups ice
- Wet the rims of the glasses with a lime wedge before dipping them in red sanding sugar.
- Mix the water and Kool-Aid mix in a large pitcher.
- In a punch bowl, pour in the Kool-Aid mix, soda, vodka, pineapple juice, and ginger ale.
- Add ice to cool. Serve.
For one of the easiest Christmas cocktails, here’s one that won’t take a lot of your time.
- 2.5 oz cold Champagne
- 0.3 oz cognac
- 1 sugar cube
- 1/4 tsp Angostura bitters
- A strip of orange peel
- Pour the bitters over the sugar cube, coating it well.
- Place the coated sugar cube into a glass or flute before pouring in the cognac.
- Pour the Champagne slowly.
- Twist the orange peel to squeeze out the oils.
- 12 oz pineapple juice
- 12 oz orange juice
- 6 oz dark rum
- 6 oz amaretto
- Crushed ice
- Combine the rum, amaretto, pineapple juice, and orange juice in a large pitcher. Top with crushed ice before serving.
- For a non-alcoholic version, replace the rum and amaretto with sparkling water and 1/3 cup each of grenadine and almond syrup.
There are plenty of holiday cocktails to choose from, but this candy cane one is the bell of the ball.
- 2 1/2 oz cranberry juice
- 2 oz strawberry vodka
- 4 dashes white creme de menthe
- 1 candy cane, crushed
- Ice cubes
- Wet the rims of martini glasses with water before dipping them into crushed candy canes, coating them.
- Pour the vodka, creme de menthe, and cranberry juice into a cocktail shaker. Add ice. Shake well until combined.
- Strain the drink into the glasses before serving.
One of the tastiest recipes for Christmas punch is this sparkling and fruity one.
- 6 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 packs strawberry Jell-O mix
- 1 can pineapple juice
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 32 oz orange juice
- 2 bottles lemon-lime soda
- Combine water, sugar, and Jell-O mix in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook for 3 minutes. Add pineapple juice, orange juice, and lemon juice.
- Split the mixture into two containers and place in the freezer.
- Take one container of the Jell-O mixture and mix it with one bottle of lemon-lime soda in a bowl. Stir until it forms a slush. Repeat with the other container of Jell-O mixture.
11. Hot Cider Punch
For a classic Christmas punch recipe, this hot cider punch is the drink to pick.
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cups apple juice
- 2 1/2 cups pineapple juice, unsweetened
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cloves, whole
- 2 tsp allspice, ground
- Combine the apple juice, cranberry juice, and pineapple juice in a large pan. Add the brown sugar.
- In a cheesecloth or tea infuser, combine the cinnamon sticks, allspice, and cloves. Add it to the juice mixture.
- Cook the juice mixture over medium-high heat for around 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Mix to Impress This Holiday Season
The holidays are a time of joy and merriment. With the right drinks, they can be even more special. Entertain your guests at your next holiday get-together by pairing dinner with these delicious drinks. The perfect Christmas punch recipe will surely make a difference.
- Holiday Lighting Rules In Your HOA: What’s Fair?
- HOA Holiday Decoration Rules And Guidelines
- HOA New Year’s Resolutions That The Board Should Focus On